The 3rd SADC Groundwater Conference will be held on 24-26 November 2020. It was initially planned to take place n Windhoek, Namibia, but has been been transformed into a virtual conference due to Covid-19.
This conference seeks to advocate for a more central and pronounced role for groundwater in the Water, Energy, Food and Ecosystems Nexus dialogue as a way of minimising shocks, risks and vulnerability to climate change. The conference will be offered parallel to the 8th Africa Water Week, and also align to the theme of that event.
Both the SADC Groundwater Conference and the Africa Water Week are aimed at rallying Africa's water sector towards a common voice as the world prepares for the 9th World Water Forum to be held in Dakar, Senegal in March 2021.
You can register here.
- Publication of Call for Abstracts: 10th April 2020
- Publication of 2nd Call for Abstracts: 7th September 2020
- Close for receipt of Abstracts: 9th October 2020
- Review of Abstracts and notification of Authors: 16th October 2020
- First Draft of the programme: 26th October 2020
- Confirmation by Authors: 9th November 2020
- Publishing of Final Programme: 16th November 2020
- Conference: 24th - 26th November 2020