On 9-11 November 2020, the 3rd SADC Groundwater Conference will be held in Windhoek, Namibia. This conference seeks to advocate for a more central and pronounced role for groundwater in the Water, Energy, Food and Ecosystems Nexus dialogue as a way of minimising shocks, risks and vulnerability to climate change. The conference will be offered parallel to the 8th Africa Water Week, and also align to the theme of that event.
Both the SADC Groundwater Conference and the Africa Water Week are aimed at rallying Africa's water sector towards a common voice as the world prepares for the 9th World Water Forum to be held in Dakar, Senegal in March 2021.
You can register here.
- Publication of Call for Abstracts: 10th April 2020
- Close for receipt of Abstracts: 30th June 2020
- Review of Abstracts and notification of Authors: 31st August 2020
- Deadline for submission of full papers (Optional): 9th October 2020
- First Draft of the programme: 9th October 2020
- Confirmation by Authors: 23rd October 2020
- Publishing of Final Programme: 30th October 2020
- Conference: 9th - 11th November 2020