On 26-28 September 2018, the Southern African Development Community - Groundwater Management Institute (SADC-GMI) and the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) will organise their first Annual Groundwater Conference. This conference will take place at the Birchwood Hotel and OR Tambo Conference Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa. The overall theme of this year's edition will be: 'Adapting to climate change in the SADC region through water security - A focus on groundwater' and IGRAC will be present at this conference as well.
The SADC-GMI conference will have two sub-themes:
- Promoting climate change resilience through transboundary aquifer management and conjunctive surface and groundwater management in the SADC region.
- Towards an understanding of the impacts of climate change on groundwater resources and exploring climate-smart groundwater infrastructure options.
- Deadlines for submission of abstracts: 29th June 2018
- Notification on acceptance of abstracts: 16th of July 2018
- Deadline for full paper submission: 3rd September 2018
IGRAC and SADC-GMI
SADC-GMI is a very important partner for IGRAC. Recently, IGRAC has developed the SADC Groundwater Information Portal (SADC GIP) and, currently, IGRAC is leading the capacity building project SADC GWdataCoM.