On 6-8 December 2021, UNESCO will organise the conference ISARM 2021 in Paris, France. This Second International UNESCO Conference on transboundary aquifers ISARM II “Challenges and the way forward”; aims to be an opportunity for showcasing diverse efforts made by UNESCO, the international and donor community to streamline groundwater as an enabler for achieving the water-related SDGs. UNESOC has published a call for abstracts and these can be submitted till 30 December 2020.
Experience shows that a multidisciplinary approach is essential to tackle the management of groundwater transboundary systems. Physical and social cientists, academics, civil servants, development economists, managers, decision-makers and governmental officers dealing with issues of transboundary aquifers, wishing to make a presentation/poster at the Conference, are invited to participate and submit abstracts.
The abstracts should be in English only (Less than 400 words) and include the author’s name, affiliation, address and keywords. It should address a subject on one of the topics of the Conference. Authors of accepted contributions will be notified by end of March 2021. There is a limit of 6 pages for each paper (320 words per page), and 3 pages (320 words per page) for each poster, including figures, tables and references. The participants are kindly requested to submit their abstracts by 30 December 2020.
For any questions and inquiries, please directly contact: email@example.com.
Registeration is now available here.
Conference Thematic Areas
- The contribution of TBA to Sustainable Development in the framework of Global and Regional Agendas, e.g. Agenda 2030 and SDGs (including indicator 6.5.2); Paris Agreement; Sendai Framework; Agenda 2063; etc.;
- The Science/Policy interface of TBA: the role of science in the governance and management of TBA;
- Advances in the assessment and mapping of TBA and hydrogeological methods;
- Management and Governance of TBA: Strengthening Cooperation; and
- Education, Capacity Development and Raising Awareness.
- Submission deadline for abstracts: 30 Dec 2020
- Abstract acceptance: 30 March 2021
- Second announcement: 30 June 2021 “with full detailed programme”
- Final attendance registration: 1 September 2021
- Full papers submission: 1 October 2021
- Final program: 28 October 2021