IGRAC's in-house partner IHE Delft is currently seeking a Professor of Hydrology (1.0 FTE). For this vacant position, IHE Delft seeks a senior professional with broad expertise and experience encompassing surface and subsurface hydrology applied to water resource assessment and development in the Global South. The application deadline is May 18th 2018 and the full vacancy text is available here.
The new professor will assume leadership of the Hydrology and Water Resources Chair Group, will join other professors in service on the Academic Board of the institution, and will take on other leadership roles in the department, institution, and educational programme based on need and interest.
The Hydrology and Water Resources Chair Group is composed of a senior group of scientists and educators including a professor, four associate professors, and three senior lecturers. There is also a variable number of PhD fellows, postdocs, project staff, and visiting researchers from year to year. As Head of Chair Group, the new professor will lead participatory processes to set and renew the vision and academic directions of the group and the content and teaching modalities. The professor will be expected to set an example by stimulating exciting academic ideas in line with relevant international trends in research and education. The professor will oversee the management of both the MSc Specialisation in Hydrology and Water Resources and the Joint MSc programme of Groundwater and Global Change, and lecture in topics of her or his area of expertise. The professor also carries out modest administrative tasks including preparing an annual chair group plan and budget, and conducting mid-year progress reviews and end of year assessments.
- PhD degree in hydrology, hydrogeology, or a related field of earth sciences;
- International research reputation demonstrated through a continuous record of high impact publications, externally funded research grants, and service in the professional community;
- Experience lecturing at the MSc level, supervision of PhD and MSc thesis research, and development and management of degree programmes;
- Experience in valorisation of research outputs through engagement and cooperation with partners from civil society, government, and the private sector;
- Relevant professional experience in developing countries and countries in transition;
- Excellent command of the English language and preferably one additional international language such as Spanish or French; and
- Willingness to frequently travel and work abroad for short and medium term assignments.
Applications should be in English, and respond specifically to the requirements. The application, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter, statement of teaching and research interests and experiences and the names and contact details of two contactable referees, should be sent to IHE Delft, attn. Human Resource Management (E: Recruitment@un-ihe.org), PO Box 3015, 2601 DA Delft, The Netherlands, stating vacancy-number 18-WSE-01. (The application should be in one PDF file with your family name as the filename).The vacancy will remain open till May 18th 2018.