On 26-28 September 2018, the first SADC Groundwater Conference will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa, and IGRAC is one of the coorganisers of this event. The main theme of this annual conference will be: 'Adapting to Climate Change in the SADC Region through Water Security - A Focus on Groundwater'.
Young Professionals Competition
As part of the conference, a young professionals competition will be organised. The winner of this competition will be invited to participate in the conference and his/her travel expenses will be covered by IGRAC. All authors who are 35 years of age or below are, therefore, encouraged to submit abstracts and take advantage of this opportunity. The abstract submission deadline is: 16 July 2018.
- Have font: Times New Roman, Font size: 11, spacing: 1,5.
- Have a short title (concise and informative) that adequately captures the scope of the paper.
- Be written in English, French or Portuguese.
- Give the authors of the abstract and their affiliations, with the corresponding author clearly marked and contact details given.
- Provide the statement of the problem, objectives, methods, main results and conclusions.
- Avoid using abbreviations.
- Be a maximum of 300 words.
- Provide keywords for the abstract (up to 5)
Authors are required to populate the template in this link: http://sadc-gmi.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/abstract-template.docx.
Abstracts should be submitted online through the Easy Chair platform. To submit an abstract, follow the instructions below:
- Click on this link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sadcgmicon2018.
- If you do not have an easy chair account, please create one as directed.
- When logged in, enter as an author.
- Follow instructions on the fill out form, making sure you paste the abstract in the space provided and also upload the file as a PDF.
- After submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by email. Presenters whose abstracts have been accepted will be notified by the 1th of August 2018 and will be required to register for the conference and pay a registration fee.