During a special meeting at the World Water Forum 5, the Transboundary Aquifers Map of the World - update 2009 (pdf, 2.5 Mb) was presented. IGRAC Director Neno Kukuric also presented the TBA Map 2009 to H.R.H. Willem Alexander van Oranje Nassau, the present King of The Netherlands.
- The map is about Transboundary Aquifers (TBAs). It shows the present state of information regarding the occurrence and extent of TBAs world-wide.
- The intention of the map is to provide a global overview of these important shared water resources and to encourage their further assessment.
- The back of the map contains an introduction to a methodology for assessment of TBAs
How to obtain the map:
- a digital version is available for download (pdf, 2.5 Mb)
- a paper version is available on request: email@example.com
IGRAC's Neno Kukuric had the pleasure of presenting the map to His Royal Highness Prince Willem-Alexander, Chair of the UN Secretary General's Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation.