From 15 to 19 September 2014, the IAH International Congress will be held in Marrakech, Morocco. The main theme of this 41st edition of the congress, jointly organised by the Moroccan Committee of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (CM-AIH) and the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), will be 'Groundwater: Challenges and Strategies'.
IGRAC representatives will be involved in some of the thematic sessions, held during this event. Ms. Laura del Val Alonso, Researcher at IGRAC, will lead a session on 'The Global Groundwater Information System 2.0'. This session will be held on Tuesday 16 September at 18:15 hrs. Del Val Alonso will lead another session on Thursday at 15:30 hrs, which is called 'First Global Baseline Assessment of Transboundary Aquifers: Food for Cooperation'.
IGRAC Director, Dr. Neno Kukuric, will lead the session 'Groundwater Monitoring: Building Blocks for International Water Cooperation'. This session will be held on Thursday as well and starts at 17:15 hrs.
Main topics of IAH Congress
- Climate change and groundwater resources
- Interaction groundwater / surface water
- Vulnerability, pollution and rehabilitation of groundwater resources
- Aquifers in fractured and karstic environments
- Coastal aquifers
- Management and governance of groundwater resources
- Tools and techniques for the investigation of groundwater resources
- Unconventional groundwater resources
- Hydrogeology of arid zones
- Groundwater and oil exploitation