The Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, has published a special issue dedicated to 'International Shared Aquifer Resources Assessment and Management'. This special issue, edited by Dr. Alfonso Rivera and Prof. Lucila Candela contains an editorial and 11 articles that focus either on global trends or on a specific region (Africa, Americas, Asia or Europe).
IGRAC contributed to the article on 'Transboundary aquifers of Africa: Review of the current state of knowledge and progress towards sustainable development and management'.
All articles are open access and can be downloaded via de links below. This special issue is on the recent contributions to the ISARM initiative.
Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies
- ‘Editorial for the Special Issue on the International Shared Aquifer Resources Assessment and Management’, by: Alfonso Rivera, Lucila Candela
- ‘Fifteen-year experiences of the internationally shared aquifer resources management initiative (ISARM) of UNESCO at the global scale’, by: Alfonso Rivera, Lucila Candela
- ‘Legal frameworks for the governance of international transboundary aquifers: Pre- and post-ISARM experience’, by: Stefano Burchi.
- ‘Transboundary aquifers of Africa: Review of the current state of knowledge and progress towards sustainable development and management’, by: Geert-Jan Nijsten, Greg Christelis, Karen G. Villholth, Eberhard Braune, Cheikh Bécaye Gaye
- ‘A national approach to systematic transboundary aquifer assessment and conceptualisation at relevant scales: A Malawi case study’, by: Christina M. Fraser, Robert M. Kalin, Michael O. Rivett, MacPherson Nkhata, Modesta Kanjaye
- ‘The Guarani Aquifer System: From a Beacon of hope to a question mark in the governance of transboundary aquifers’, by: Francesco Sindico, Ricardo Hirata, Alberto Manganelli
- ‘Findings and lessons learned from the assessment of the Mexico-United States transboundary San Pedro and Santa Cruz aquifers: The utility of social science in applied hydrologic research’, by: J.B. Callegary, S.B. Megdal, E.M. Tapia Villaseñor, J.D. Petersen-Perlman, ... F. Grijalva Noriega
- ‘Transboundary aquifers between Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas, Mexico, and Texas, USA: Identification and categorization’, by: Rosario Sanchez, Laura Rodriguez, Cecilia Tortajada
- ‘Assessment of transboundary aquifer resources in Asia: Status and progress towards sustainable groundwater management’, by: Eunhee Lee, Ramasamy Jayakumar, Sangam Shrestha, Zaisheng Han
- ‘The Genevese transboundary aquifer (Switzerland-France): The secret of 40 years of successful management’, by: Gabriel de los Cobos
- ‘The upper pannonian thermal aquifer: Cross border cooperation as an essential step to transboundary groundwater management’, by: Teodora Szocs, Nina Rman, Ágnes Rotár-Szalkai, György Tóth, ... Annamária Nádor
- ‘Development of cooperation on managing transboundary groundwaters in the pan-European region: The role of international frameworks and joint assessments’, by: Annukka Lipponen, John Chilton